Monday, December 31, 2012

ADVENTURES IN MY WHEEL CHAIR: Aaralyn & My Chair

Aaralyn & my chair
October 2012

Adventures with my WHEELCHAIR

Aaralyn (my grandaughter) likes to sit in my wheelchair when I'm not in it.. I had gotten off of it and was sitting on the couch.. when she got up in it.. I always tell her no and make her get down.. because she knows how to turn it on..
I told her to get down.. which she did, but she accidently moved the switch to "on" and was holding the joy stick... next thing I knew she was coming right at me.. and trying to get off at the same time...
I was so scared she would run over herself.. I tried to stand up, but she came at me too fast and the foot plate of the wheel chair hit me on the chin of my left leg.... I was able to reach up and take her hand off of the throttle...
The look in her eyes was terror.... she was so scared... and she began to really cry.. I was examining her to make sure she didn't her herself.. (she was fine) her mamma came out and got her..
I got back in my chair and went to check on her... she ran to me and climbed up in the chair and I held her telling her all was fine.. I was fine...
Then I hear her giggling... I look down at her and she looks up and with a giggle in her voice.. in her still baby talk.. she simply says "funny"
she definatley has the "Cobos" sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment