Monday, December 31, 2012

ADVENTURES ON MY SCOOTER: THE FUNERAL

I have no idea what I'm doing here.. I posted another blog with adventures on my scooter but it's not showing up here.. so... I'll post it again here...  one story.... to start off with

The Funeral
Adventures on my Scooter the funeral (about 3 years ago)

recently I attended a funeral. The funeral home is only a few blocks from my house, so instead of having someone take me there I drove myself in my scooter.

I have a new scooter. It's big and it's fancy, with turn signals, headlight, tail lights, caution l ights, rear view mirror... it's huge.. My only problem with it is that sometimes there is no room for me to move around places. This is how it was at the funeral home. I had to sit in the very back so I wouldn't block the isles... I couldn't go up to the family to say a word of comfort... I had to just park it behind the last pew and sit there till the service was over.

I'm not catholic, and the funeral was a "rosary" prayer. The little old priest began the praying of the rosary.. and I sat and listened quietly as the people joined in. I sat looking at the casket ... I looked at the flowers draped over, the flowers on the side... and the flowers up on the wall above the casket.. I decided I'd sit there and pray for the family.. so I began to pray for comfort and strength..... I'm not sure how long I was praying when I suddenly realize that I have flowers in my hand and so I decide to plant them in front of my house.... (I had fallen asleep and was dreaming that I was planting flowers) Someone passed by my scooter and I woke up... My head was leaning waaaaay back and I was staring right up at the cealing......

I have the habit of keeping my scooter on, and set it on high... it would have been horrible if I had fallen asleep leaning foward, I could have either accidently honked my little scooter horn there as people were praying the rosary, or worse I could have started going foward, maybe even all the way to the front and ended up knocking over the casket......

I now try to turn my scooter off if I'm gonna be somewhere for awhile, and I try to stay awake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment