Monday, December 31, 2012

ADVENTURES IN MY WHEELCHAIR: Removing Door Frame

Removing The Door Frame
Adventures on my WHEELCHAIR.... (about 3 years ago)

I would try really hard not to hit the door fram in my kitchen with my electric wheel chair, but try as I may, the back wheels just kept getting hung up and I kept breaking little pieces of the frame..

One day I went through from the wash room into the kitchen.. and there was a loud crack.. I saw something fly past me, landing on the floor by the kitchen table..
I have a metal rod (herrington rod) fused onto my spine from the base of my neck to my tail bone.. it makes it hard for me to look down and even harder to turn my head to look behind me... so I had to spin my chair around to see what had happened..
Low and behold.. I had yanked the door frame completly off.. it lay on the floor like it was bowing to the master... it had given up the fight with my scooter and just layed there on the floor like it had given up the ghost... a chunk of it had broken off and as it did.. it flew past me and that was what I had seen fly over my head and land on the floor by the kitchen table...

I quietly, and cautiously drove myself to the bedroom door, and said.. "Babe, you are gonna be soooo mad!" Jim takes a deep breath and says.. "What did you do?"... Jim fixed it.. and fixed it good.. instead of nails he used screws on the door frame... I have since bumped into that door frame more times than I'd like to admit.. and it is still in tact...

No comments:

Post a Comment